Configuration & Administration

Expand all | Collapse all

Zenoss 3.1.1 --- zenactions process errors

• 1.  Zenoss 3.1.1 --- zenactions process errors

Posted 07-26-2021 12:15 PM
    hi all,

We are using Zenoss 3.1.1 server to monitoring about 300 ip devices.
    Since that day we get these errors from zenactions process

OperationalError: (1305, 'PROCEDURE events.age_events does not exist')
    2021-07-26 18:46:04,563 INFO zen.ZenActions: Processed 0 commands in 0.000033
    2021-07-26 18:46:04,892 ERROR zen.ZenActions: unexpected exception
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 636, in runCycle
        self.mainbody()
      File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 627, in mainbody
        self.maintenance(zem)
      File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 432, in maintenance
        self.execute(sql)
      File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 186, in execute
        return self._getCursor(stmt, callback)
      File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 172, in _getCursor
        rowsAffected = curs.execute(stmt)
      File "/usr/local/zenoss/lib/python/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 137, in execute
        self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
      File "/usr/local/zenoss/lib/python/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 33, in defaulterrorhandler
        raise errorclass, errorvalue
    OperationalError: (1305, 'PROCEDURE events.age_events does not exist')
    The GUI application displays the alarms generated by the ping but when the device is available the alarm does not disappear.
    I noticed that in the events.status db the clearid field contains the clear evid but in the eventState field the value remained at 0 (new) and the severity field remained at 5 (critical). In the history table the clear alarm is not present. Can you give me some suggestions on how to solve the problem?

------------------------------
    Davide Mancosu
    system administartor
    Tiscali Italia S.p.A.
    Cagliari

• 2.  RE: Zenoss 3.1.1 --- zenactions process errors

Posted 07-26-2021 02:39 PM

Davide,

Typically speaking, stored procedures in a MySQL database don't simply disappear.  If zenactions is unable to age old events, they may not be properly migrated from the event database to the event archive database.  I would check the following:

1. Do you have a recent backup?  Depending on what went wrong, you may need to restore from it.
    2. Have you or a colleague made any changes to the Zenoss software?
    3. Did anyone attempt to alter the database manually or with some non-Zenoss software (tuning, etc.)?
    4. Has anything happened to the host that runs the Zenoss software?  OS updates?  Virtual machine migration from one physical host to another?  Filesystem full/corrupt/extended?  Improper host shutdown (power loss, etc.)?
    5. Do any other event handling services show errors with missing stored procedures?

Let me know what you find, but focus on 1 in particular.  Depending on what went wrong, it may be possible to correct or repair your Zenoss instance, but it may be faster and/or safer to restore.

Michael J. Rogers
    Senior Instructor - Zenoss
    Austin TX

• 3.  RE: Zenoss 3.1.1 --- zenactions process errors

Posted 07-26-2021 04:47 PM
    Hi Michael,

you are right I have verified that in the DB MySQL there is no store procedure "events.age_events" (command: SHOW PROCEDURE STATUS WHERE Db = 'events';).
    Since the production MySQL DB was installed on a separate VM by loading the backup of the MySQL db installed by Zenoss, I was able to verify that the store procedure, in the DB installed and configured by zenoss, exists. I dumped the age_events store procedure. Tomorrow morning I will back up the data and proceed with the import of the store procedure. When done, I'll report the result.

Thank you so much

Davide Mancosu
    system administartor
    Tiscali Italia S.p.A.
    Cagliari

• 4.  RE: Zenoss 3.1.1 --- zenactions process errors

Posted 07-26-2021 05:08 PM
    Edited by Davide 07-26-2021 05:37 PM

Davide Mancosu
    system administartor
    Tiscali Italia S.p.A.
    Cagliari

• 5.  RE: Zenoss 3.1.1 --- zenactions process errors

Posted 07-26-2021 05:28 PM
    I made the import of the stored procedure and now it is there.
    mysql> SHOW PROCEDURE STATUS WHERE Db = 'events';
    +--------+------------+-----------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+---------------+---------+----------------------+----------------------+--------------------+
    | Db | Name | Type | Definer | Modified | Created | Security_type | Comment | character_set_client | collation_connection | Database Collation |
    +--------+------------+-----------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+---------------+---------+----------------------+----------------------+--------------------+
    | events | age_events | PROCEDURE | zenoss@localhost | 2021-07-27 00:24:24 | 2021-07-27 00:24:24 | DEFINER | | latin1 | latin1_swedish_ci | latin1_swedish_ci |

Tomorrow morning I will check the operation of zenoss.
    Thank you so much

Davide Mancosu
    system administartor
    Tiscali Italia S.p.A.
    Cagliari