Configuration & Administration

Expand all | Collapse all

Zenoss 4.2.5 - Modeler is not working

• 1.  Zenoss 4.2.5 - Modeler is not working

Posted 09-11-2020 07:20 PM
    Hi,

Looking for some help here to figure out the cause of the trouble.  Here is the info from the debug run of the modeler with "zenoss.snmp.InterfaceMap" plugin.

File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/PathIndex/PathIndex.py", line 103, in index_object raise TypeError('path value must be string or tuple of strings') TypeError: path value must be string or tuple of strings​

So it seem there might be a bad entry somewhere in the path index.  Is there a way to find out that bad entry?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Sam

• 2.  RE: Zenoss 4.2.5 - Modeler is not working

Posted 09-23-2020 11:33 PM
    Edited by Sam 09-24-2020 11:26 PM
    Ok I found a problematic device which may have an issue with a component. I tried to delete the device from UI I get this error with the yellow flash on the top.

Actually there are more devices having this problem.

"Failed to delete the device: path value must be string or tuple of strings​"

I looked at the properties of the "os" and "h/w" relationship but couldn't tell if there is anything wrong there.

Is there any other way to find that information and a way to delete the device?

Thanks

Sam

• 3.  RE: Zenoss 4.2.5 - Modeler is not working

Posted 09-25-2020 01:36 AM
    Have a look at the wiki tem here - Remove Devices   - hopefully one of those suggestions will help you get rid of the device.
    Cheers,
    Jane

Jane Curry
    Skills 1st United Kingdom
    jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk