Configuration & Administration

Expand all | Collapse all

Zenoss 4.2.5 - Modeler is not working

• 1.  Zenoss 4.2.5 - Modeler is not working

Posted 14 days ago
    Hi,

Looking for some help here to figure out the cause of the trouble.  Here is the info from the debug run of the modeler with "zenoss.snmp.InterfaceMap" plugin.

File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/PathIndex/PathIndex.py", line 103, in index_object raise TypeError('path value must be string or tuple of strings') TypeError: path value must be string or tuple of strings​

So it seem there might be a bad entry somewhere in the path index.  Is there a way to find out that bad entry?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Sam

• 2.  RE: Zenoss 4.2.5 - Modeler is not working

Posted 2 days ago
    Edited by Sam Urai yesterday
    Ok I found a problematic device which may have an issue with a component. I tried to delete the device from UI I get this error with the yellow flash on the top.

Actually there are more devices having this problem.

"Failed to delete the device: path value must be string or tuple of strings​"

I looked at the properties of the "os" and "h/w" relationship but couldn't tell if there is anything wrong there.

Is there any other way to find that information and a way to delete the device?

Thanks

Sam

• 3.  RE: Zenoss 4.2.5 - Modeler is not working

Posted yesterday
    Have a look at the wiki tem here - Remove Devices   - hopefully one of those suggestions will help you get rid of the device.
    Cheers,
    Jane

Jane Curry
    Skills 1st United Kingdom
    jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk