Reporting, Analysis and Analytics

Expand all | Collapse all

History of production state changes

• 1.  History of production state changes

Posted 11 days ago

Hi all,

Is it possible to generate a report/ or see when production states have changed.

I know you can plan e.g. a maintenance and with that schedule you can some how see when maintenance was planned but unplanned this I cant figure out how to see when the production state was changed.

------------------------------
    Klaas-Bram

• 2.  RE: History of production state changes

Posted 11 days ago

The Zope service keeps a log of user-initiated production state changes in its audit.log.  For reference, log messages of this type look like this:

2020-09-14 19:21:43 INFO user=mrogers action=Edit kind=Device device=/Devices/Server/Linux/devices/bogus1 device_name=bogus1 productionstate=Production old_productionstate=Maintenance

Since these messages could be found in the audit.log of any instance of the Zope service, I would recommend using the Service Logs button on the service overview page in Control Center:

Michael J. Rogers
    Senior Instructor - Zenoss
    Austin TX

• 3.  RE: History of production state changes

Posted 11 days ago
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    We run the Zenoss in the cloud as Saas. I only can find a monitoring template reference to control center. Is there another way of what should the link be to access it. We now have the <xxxx>.saas.zenoss.com as link to login.

Klaas-Bram
    Ascom

• 4.  RE: History of production state changes

Posted 10 days ago
    My apologies!

As a ZaaS/SaaS user, you won't have direct access to those logs.  You may be able to get the relevant information by submitting a support ticket.

Michael J. Rogers
    Senior Instructor - Zenoss
    Austin TX