Reporting, Analysis and Analytics

Expand all | Collapse all

Error message, FileSystem template (SSH Linux)

• 1.  Error message, FileSystem template (SSH Linux)

Posted 13 days ago
    Edited by Jonas Stoltz 13 days ago
    When running or testing the template we get an error message;
    Preparing Command...
    Executing command /bin/sh [args omitted] against 172.26.1.48
    exception while executing command
    type: <class 'twisted.internet.error.ReactorNotRestartable'> value:
    DONE in 0 seconds

Command run;
    /bin/sh -c 'export PATH=$$PATH:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin; if command -v timeout > /dev/null 2>&1; then timeout 30 /usr/bin/env df -kP; else /usr/bin/env df -kP; fi'

(Zenoss 6.1.0 r46)
    ------------------------------
    Jonas Stoltz

• 2.  RE: Error message, FileSystem template (SSH Linux)

Posted 11 days ago
    Does it work with just the simple DF command? I've not gotten to the point I can troubleshoot that complex command very well as well, but I've been able to work around it by using a simpler command line.

Luke Lofgren
    Infrastructure Architect
    Acxiom Corporation (home based associate)
    Waterford PA

• 3.  RE: Error message, FileSystem template (SSH Linux)

Posted 10 days ago
    Excellent suggestion to test first with a very simple command like df to check that the authentication is setup correctly.

Then I would try running zencommand standalone in debug and checking the output.  You don't say whether you are on Zenoss 4.x or earlier, or on 5 or 6 (the dockerized versions).  If on Zenoss 4 or less, from a command line, for  a device called fred.class.example.org, use:

zencommand run -v 10 -d fred.class.example.org --showfullcommand > /tmp/fred 2>&1

then check /tmp/fred.  The --showfullcommand should reveal the exact command sent, complete with parameter substitution.  It's almost certainly a glitch with parameter substitution, quoting or special characters in the bash command, once you have eliminated basic authentication issues.

If you are on a Zenoss 5 or 6, you will need to attach to the zencommand container first with:

serviced service attach zencommand su - zenoss

Cheers,
    Jane

Jane Curry
    Skills 1st United Kingdom
    jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk

• 4.  RE: Error message, FileSystem template (SSH Linux)

Posted 7 days ago
    Edited by Jonas Stoltz 4 days ago
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion on running just "df -kP" which I already have (did again just to be sure), but same error.
    I did post version in my post (Zenoss 6.1.0 r46) and running the debug did not get me any closer to the problem.

I'm not sure what to look for in that file (contains a LOT), but searching for "df" did not work (noting found except some other words containing df).

Jonas Stoltz