So the zMax would be lowered not highered?I can snmpwalk and test the template OID's from the template / device page, and I get the exact information I would actually get if it was functioning properly.I will try both of your suggestions.....the error that I'm referring too is that if I snmpwalk it from a command line on my computer, it spits out so much information and eventually errors out.
So....*again*, Zenoss doesn't show me an errors......The graphs show N/A's......
When I run the snmpwalk from my command line I get a timeout, which I ran against an word count to see how many lines are produced, and I ran it against a stop watch, Which went for 10 minutes 16 seconds before it timed out.
root@MacBookProTouch [~] : snmpwalk -v2c -cmWtCorp 10.58.0.89 .1 | wc
Timeout: No Response from 10.58.0.89
17642 72981 1225944
If you're not familiar with WC, it's a command that counts words, lines, and bytes of a file or outputs of commands. So this shows me, 17,642 lines, 72,981 words in those lines totaling 1,225,944 bytes of text.......
So I'll set my snmp time out to 600 seconds....and see what happens, but when I set it to 300, it didn't produce a zen error, nor did it gather the data in the graph....I would assume tho taking in this kind of data for 1 device (I currently have 8 I'm monitoring and will soon have 12 total, they are backhaul radios), that can add up to some serious crunching power......Oh and there's your timeout error...
Jane,I appreciate the reply....Here is a screenshot of the OID's in the monitoring template I've created as well as a bit of the info....I had started to develop my graphs and such when I realized it wasn't pulling the info so I stopped. What I'm trying to pull is data from the radio in regards to signal strength, MSE, the modulation profile, and those kind of critical components.When I go into the device, and run a 'test' on the OID in zen, it comes back wtih the correct value right away.I've tested this with all OID entries and they come back right away.On the other hand, running the test that you suggested of trying to gather just the enterprise OID"s, fails. Which is kinda shocking to be honest.
root@MacBookProTouch [~] : snmpwalk -v2c -cmWtCorp 10.58.0.89 184.108.40.206.4.1.17713
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.17713 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID
root@MacBookProTouch [~] :